Pages

ShareThis

Labels

Friday, June 15, 2012

10 Essential Software you must have on your computer

My Top 10 most recommended software.

1. CCleaner - is a system optimizer and cleaning tool, it makes your computer faster and more secure.  It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. Additionally it contains a fully featured registry cleaner. But the best part is that you can download it for FREE! You will be surprised at how much disk space it can recover - in fact, it managed to clear out 850+Mb of crap from my PC when I first use it. Now, I'm using it on a regular basis to keep my computer clean and safe.

2. Microsoft Security Essential - this anti-virus is totally free for all those who have a genuine windows operating system. It protects your computer from virus and malicious softwares. It has a real-time protection and it didn't slow down your computer unlike any other anti-virus.

3. Google Chrome - fastest web browser ever! I've tried different kind of web browser but none of them can beat Google Chrome. Also, there are many cool stuff on this browser such as: extensions like WOT and AdBlock that help prevent visiting dangerous websites. You may also synchronize your bookmarks from your google account so you don't have to bookmark the same website on another computer that you are using.



4. VLC Player - plays any kind of video format such as avi, mp4, 3gp, flv, mov and so much more. It is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework that plays almost all multimedia files.

5. KeyPass - is a free open source software that manages your passwords. I am using this software to save, manage and protect my online passwords. It uses a database that is encrypted using the best and most secure encryption algorithms currently known (AES and Twofish).

6. Acronis - I always wanted to secure my my files. Acronis did an awesome job in securing, backup/restore my files and my entire operating system. If there's something wrong with my computer I just restore from my latest backup file. I don't need to reformat my hard drive and reinstall my operating system and other software that I need. Acronis can restore them all in just 10 minutes, isn't that great!

7. Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Power Point is a very essential and a must have on your computer. I think I need not explain this further ;) but if you can't afford to buy the software you always have a choice. Download OpenOffice for FREE!

8. TeamViewer - I really love this software especially when I need to remotely train my team on their new tasks or my sister in Dubai needs assistance on her laptop. The most awesome thing is that you can download and use the software for free.

9. Winzip or 7Zip - use this software to compress and extract your files. Sending too many files or very large files is a pain in the ass! Winzip or 7Zip can do the trick! And oh! Did  mention the 7Zip if also free!

10. iTunes (for apple fanatics) - if you are addicted to apple gadgets like me ;b then you must have this software to sync data from your computer to your apple gadget or vice versa. iTunes can also be used to update your iOS.